Welcome to our Sub Domain, www.unbannedbiblepublications/e-books
[Acknowledgement to the people who compiled the images and photos in these studies]
THE BIBLICAL COMMISSION OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST:
Mt. 28:19-20, ‘Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, [water] baptizing [these believing disciples] in the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I [Jesus, and not a church hierarchy,] have commanded you; and lo, I Am with you always, even to the end of this world.’
THE PRACTICAL IMPLEMENTATION OF JESUS’ COMMISSION:
Acts 8:30-40, ‘So Philip ran to [the eunuch,] and heard him reading the prophet Isaiah, and said, ‘Do you understand what you are reading?’ And he said, ‘How can I, unless someone guides me?’ And he asked Philip to come up and sit with him… Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning at this Scripture, preached Jesus to him. Now as they went down the road, they came to water. And the eunuch said, ‘See, there is water. What hinders me from being baptized? [Seeing that I now understand the Scriptures, accepted Jesus as my Christ, and was born again?]’
Then Philip said, [This verse was omitted from new versions of the Bible:] ‘If you believe with all your heart, you may.’ And he answered, ‘I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.’ So he commanded the chariot to stand still. And both Philip and the eunuch went down into the water, and he baptized him.’
THIS IS THE EXAMPLE JESUS GAVE HIS DISCIPLES:
Mt. 3:16, ‘When Jesus had been baptized, He came up immediately from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and abiding upon Him. And a voice came from heaven, saying, This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased.’
Paul taught Scripturally born again believers in Col. 2:8-15: “See to it that no one carries you off as a spoil or makes you captive by his so-called philosophy and intellectualism, following human tradition, (men’s ideas of the material rather than the spirit world)… disregarding the teachings of Christ… In Him you [born again believers] were circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but in a spiritual circumcision by stripping off the body of the whole corrupt, carnal nature with its passions and lusts. Thus you were circumcised when you were buried with Him in your baptism [by submersion], in which you were also raised with Him to a new life through your [personal] faith in Christ…”
Jesus Christ is the Creator God
TRULY SCRIPTURAL WATER BAPTISM AND REPENTANCE — WHAT DO THIS MEAN?
© COPYRIGHT NOW UNBANNED PUBLICATIONS
NONE OF THESE BOOKS AND ARTICLES ARE FOR SALE, YET THE CONTENT AND CONTEXT MUST NOT BE
ALTERED, SOLD OR USED IN MATERIAL THAT IS SOLD, CLAIMED OR PREACHED AS PERSONAL PROPERTY AND REVELATION, DISTRIBUTED FOR PERSONAL GAIN, OR MISUSED IN ANY WAY.
To understand the Scriptural water baptism, which Jesus demonstrated and commanded all His disciples to follow, one must understand Who Jesus Is, what He really did for us, and that obedience to the true context of His Word, the Bible, is not an option, (Mt. 3:13-17; 28:19-20.) Jesus said in Jn. 12:47-48, “…He who rejects Me and does not receive My [true] Words has that which judges him – the Word that I have spoken will judge him in the Last Day.” We can never say we belong to Jesus if we do not “accept His words.” When we ‘receive’ Jesus’ words, we accept Him. Jesus Himself Is The Word of God, (Jn. 1:1-5.) Jesus Himself Is God, (Col. 2:9; Jn. 1:1-5; Heb. 1:1-14; Rev. 1:8!) Should we reject His words, we reject Him! Therefore, hear the words of the Lord Jesus Christ concerning Scriptural water baptism. Not my words; (God forbid!) not the next man’s words or the words of church clergies, but Jesus’ own words.
It is a grave sin to push Bible verses out of context to insert a false doctrine and ultimately, an entire church system, which deviates from the truth of God’s Word. This is exactly how all the different denominations of, and affiliations to Christianity came into being. One can ‘prove’ anything from the Bible. For instance, using this erroneous type of interpretation, I can ‘prove’ from the Bible that “there is no God,” (Ps. 14:1.) So, if “there is no God,” we can burn our Bibles and start going wild, for if there is no God, there is no heaven or hell, and thus, there is no point to any type of faith or religion. Ahhh, but let us read that verse in context! Ps. 14:1 actually proclaims, “The fool has said in his heart, ‘There is no God.’ They are corrupt...”
For the sake of our eternal souls we must hide ourselves in God’s Truth! As Jesus God’s Son Himself Is Truth, a sincere desire for Scriptural truth is one of the most important marks of a true believer. And the motive to understand Scripture must be to understand God’s will to obey Him from the heart! God’s Scriptural truth will always remain the only “lamp for our feet” in this deceitful dimension. I am not talking about a few verses or passages from the Bible to ‘prove’ a church doctrine of some kind. I am referring to “the entire truth of God’s Word;” interpreted from the context of the New Testament Covenant in Christ, (Ps. 119:160; Heb. 8:13.)
The opposite of the Truth are omissions of, or additions to the Truth; the twisting of truth, and using portions of truth out of context. All this equals lies and deception. Accordingly, 2 Ths. 2:9-10 warns, “The coming of the lawless one, [who makes his own doctrines, etcetera, by abusing Truth,] is according to the working of Satan… and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.”
· Is it possible to receive the indwelling Holy Spirit during or after water baptism?
· The Repentance Jesus commanded in Mark 1:15 is the Repentance John the Baptist and Peter called for
· THE BAPTISM JESUS COMMANDED IS THE BAPTISM OF JOHN THE BAPTIST, PETER, AND PAUL
· Renewal of our minds must follow the rebirth and Scriptural water baptism
· CAN IT BE POSSIBLE THAT BAPTISM CAN BE THE ‘SAVING’ SACRAMENT FOR A DENOMINATIONAL ‘ELITE’?
IS IT POSSIBLE TO RECEIVE THE INDWELLING HOLY SPIRIT DURING OR AFTER WATER BAPTISM?
Under Jesus’ New Testament Covenant, which became a reality when Jesus died at the cross, at His resurrection, ascension, and at Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came to indwell all true believers, no one can receive the Holy Spirit through water baptism. We must already be personally and spiritually born again through faith in and acceptance of Christ to receive the Scriptural water baptism, (Jn. 1:12-13; Gal. 4:6-7.) This is so because the Spirit indwells all sincere disciples from the moment of their rebirth until the end of their time on earth, (Mt. 28:19-20.)
It does sound as if Peter, in Acts. 2:38, taught that one must first be baptized in water to receive God’s “Gift of the Holy Spirit,” which is actually the indwelling Holy Spirit Himself, not one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit such as speaking in tongues, (Mark 16:15-18.) However, this cannot be true in the context of New Covenant Scripture.
THE REPENTANCE JESUS COMMANDED IN MARK 1:15 IS THE REPENTANCE THAT JOHN THE BAPTIST, PETER, AND ALL THE OTHER DISCIPLES CALLED FOR
In the context of the whole New Testament, it is impossible to receive Jesus and the indwelling Holy Spirit, which is actually the moment of a sincere believer’s rebirth in Christ, without first repenting from the misconceptions and other brainwashing beliefs of religion that keep people away from the True Jesus and the Truth of His saving Word, (Jn. 1:12-13; 3:3-5; 1 Pt. 2:9-10; Gal. 4:4-7.) A true temple of the Holy Spirit can never be empty, not even for a single moment, (Rom. 8:9.) So, at the moment of our rebirth, Jesus Himself baptizes us with (or places His Holy Spirit inside us) to remain in us and with us for as long as we choose to remain at His feet, or until He comes to take us home, (Mt. 28:15-20; 1 Jn. 2:20, 27.)
While every believer must repent from sin, Jesus, John the Baptist, Peter, and the other apostles were not referring to sin such as stealing or lying. They referred to Jesus’ statement in Mark 1:15, “The time is fulfilled, [for the New Testament Covenant or dispensation to be established,] and the Kingdom of God, [which will be inside all true believers since the cross and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost,] is at hand, (Acts 1:5-8; Lu. 17:21.) Therefore, repent [from Judaism and all other religiosity or temple/church religion without the truth of Christ,] and believe the [New Testament] Gospel.” The 1991 Spirit Filled Bible explained, “In Mark 1:15, Jesus announced salvation through the inauguration of a New Testament, [Covenant] of which repentance [from spiritually dead religion] and belief in the Gospel were prerequisites….”
· Just as Jesus commanded, John the Baptist, in Mt. 3:1-3, called the Old Hebrews, (and all other religionists — (as anything can be a religion without the Truth of Christ; Satanism and Christianity too,) to repent from or change their preset religious opinions of, and sinful attitudes toward Jesus.
So, John the Baptist cried out, “Repent [from Old Testament/Covenant Judaism and its temple worship,] for [Jesus’ New Testament/Covenant] Kingdom is at hand… [and will be established at the cross…] Brood of vipers! Who told you to flee from the wrath to come [for your sin of rejecting Jesus’ and His Truth?] Bear fruits worthy of repentance and do not think to say you have Abraham as your father. [You will rather believe what your traditional church tells you.] For God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones…”
· Similarly, at Pentecost, (as described in Acts 2:40,) Peter insisted that people from all nations must forsake their religions, (which was mostly Judaism in their day, and nowadays the false doctrines, norms and forms of every Christian church and other religious society,) and believe and accept the True Gospel of Jesus, or in reality, Jesus Christ Himself. In Acts 2:38, Peter, then ‘filled,’ or baptized with the Holy Spirit, commanded his Hebrew audience, “Repent [from your religions with their false teachings about Jesus,] and let every one of you be water baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ… and you shall receive [God’s] Gift of the [indwelling] Holy Spirit.” He repeated in Acts 2:40-42, “[Repent from religion] and be saved from this perverse generation [of Jesus-rejecting, Gospel-defying temple worshippers.] Then those who gladly receive [Jesus’ Himself and His Gospel of Truth] were [water] baptized…”
Peter was not referring to the Holy Spirit’s gifts, but to the indwelling Spirit Himself as the completely free, inhabiting Gift from God, (Ef. 3:1-17; Gal. 4:4-7.)
· Directly in line with Jesus’ commandment in Mark 1:15, throughout their Epistles, Paul and the other apostles also described how their greatest defense for the Gospel of Truth was against Judaism — mixed with some Scriptural truth, just as in our day in the form of Messianic Judaism, Roman Catholicism, Calvinism, and other forms of Protestantism. Thus, Peter and Paul also said that essentially, we must all “die” to our state or spiritual position of sin, which always centers on some kind of vain religiosity, to “live” in Christ, (Gal. 2:20.) Jesus does not share His blood-bought, Holy-Sprit filled temple of genuine believers with manmade temples, doctrinal lies, and other religious deceptions.
THE WATER BAPTISM JESUS COMMANDED IS THE BAPTISM OF JOHN THE BAPTIST, PETER, AND PAUL, (Mt. 28:19-20)
JOHN THE BAPTIST’S WATER BAPTISM OF DISCIPLES
Studied in the context of the New Testament Covenant of Christ, where John the Baptist preached and baptized believers as described in Mt. 3:1-14, he was still functioning under the Old Testament Covenant before the cross and Pentecost. This was “before the Spirit was given” to indwell all true believers under the New Testament Covenant, (Jn. 7:39,) Yet, The Baptist was preaching the same water baptism that Jesus first demonstrated for all His sincere disciples, and then commanded at His ascension, (Acts 1:8-9; Mt. 28:15-20) This remained exactly the same water baptism that Peter commanded after the cross at Pentecost, (Acts 2:14-47.) And this is still the same water baptism of true disciples that Peter and Paul explained in 1 Pt. 3:21-22; Romans Chapter 6, and Colossians 2:9-15.
· Contrary to what Catholicism, Calvinism, and every other –ism of Christianity preaches, water baptism cannot accomplish anything in, or by itself. The dogma of Baptismal Regeneration is totally unscriptural. Although Peter’s commandment at Pentecost that disciples must be baptized in the Name of Jesus, (which is the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit as Jesus commanded in Mt. 28:15-20,) this contextual truth is greatly twisted and misinterpreted to supposedly mean that ‘God forgives sin through the water baptism.’
Without the believer’s personal and sincere acceptance of Christ, and a stern commitment to follow Jesus in a new life of obedience to the truth of His Word, even the Biblical water baptism as Jesus Himself demonstrated and commanded is without true spiritual life and, therefore, a dead, occultic church ritual.
· Still, completely unalterably, as a symbol of sincere believers’ immersion into Jesus Himself and His full atonement in their place, water baptism points directly to the believer’s transition from spiritual death into spiritual life through personal faith in the crucified, risen Christ, the Savior of Golgotha, (1 Pt. 2:9-10.)
I Pt. 3:21-22 explains, “There is also an antitype [of the saving ark of Noah,] which now saves us — [water] baptism; not the removal of the filth [or sin] of the flesh, [which only the blood of Christ can accomplish,] but the answer of a good conscience toward God through the resurrection of Jesus Christ…” These verses are brutally abused by baby-sprinkling and other Baptismal Regeneration denominations, but the footnote in the 1991 Spirit Filled Bible, (1 Pt. 3:21,) plainly says, “It is the response to faith on the occasion of [obedience to Jesus’ commandment to baptize believing disciples (Mt. 29:19-20)] that saves. Water baptism is [directly] linked to the believer’s confession of [sincere, personal] faith in Christ,” (Rom. 6:3-4.)
· This “direct link” between the Biblical water baptism by submersion and personal faith in, and acceptance of Jesus, is the essence of the timeline that stretches from Jesus to John the Baptist, to Peter at Pentecost, to Paul and the other apostles, and to all true disciples of today.
· All Jesus’ true disciples know that only the full atonement of Jesus in their place makes for forgiveness of sin, but Jesus commanded obedience to His New Testament/Covenant commandments such as the water baptism of believing disciples, which “proves” the faith of His disciples and thus, glorify His Name, (Mt. 28:15-20; Jn. 8:31; 15:15.) 1 Jn. 4:2 states, “He who says ‘I know Him’ but does not keep His [contextual, New Testament/Covenant] commandments is a liar and the truth is not in Him. But whoever keeps His Word, truly the love of God is perfected in Him. By this we know that we are in Him.”
JESUS’ WATER BAPTISM OF DISCIPLES
Before the cross on Golgotha, the baptism of John was a ministry to the Hebrew nation, which pointed directly to Jesus (Jn. 1:29) and His complete atonement in the place of all believers. Jesus’ ministry to the Hebrews was at the same time as John the Baptist’s ministry before Golgotha, and thus, also still under the Old Testament Covenant, (Jn. 1:1-14.) However, both John’s baptism and Jesus’ ministry pointed directly toward His full atonement in the place of all mankind, which was at that stage before the cross, and not yet accomplished, (Jn. 3:16-17.) As a result, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the blood-cleansed ‘hearts’ of Jesus’ true believers, was also “not yet given,” (Jn. 7:39.)
· After Jesus’ resurrection at His ascension, He commissioned His disciples to evangelize the whole world, commanding the example of His own baptism for all personally believing disciples. Simultaneously, in Acts 1:8-9, He promised to send the indwelling Holy Spirit [at Pentecost] to empower them to be His witnesses among their own people and in the whole world, (Jn. 1:12-13; Mt. 28:19-20; Gal. 4:6-7.)
So, as a symbol of Jesus Gift of His indwelling Holy Spirit to blood-cleansed believers after the cross and Pentecost, Mt. 3:13-17 described exactly what happened when Jesus asked John to baptize Him. “...When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water, [because He was completely submerged in water,] and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove upon Him. And a voice came from heaven, saying, ‘This is My beloved Son, in Whom I am well pleased.’”
· This does not mean that true believers only receive the Holy Spirit when they obey Jesus to be water baptized. We receive the indwelling of the Holy Spirit through personal faith in Him and acceptance of Him. At that moment, we are spiritually born again, and Jesus Himself baptizes us with the Holy Spirit or places the Holy Spirit inside us as His blood-cleansed, born again temple, to remain with and inside all true believers until the end of this world, (Mt. 28:18-20; 1 Cor. 6:15-20.)
However, soon after we were indwelt by the Holy Spirit at our spiritual rebirth through personal faith in Christ, we must understand the water baptism of disciples, and follow Jesus in obedience to it.